4.04.2011

At the time, it looked like a good idea...

Okay, so I saw the colored bubbles in the store and thought M would have a great time…  I mean colored bubbles are way cooler than clear bubbles, right!

Photobucket


Note to self, I should have truly thought about the fact that they were colored, not clear, meaning that color would end up every where…


I don't think the husband was impressed!
Not the smartest move on my part, but look at M's face, he had a blast! 


Photobucket


And so did she…


And at the end of the day, that is all that is important to me, is that both of my kiddos are happy, and having a great time…  In my book, that means I’m doing something right!  Even if, it takes giving them baths again, and doing laundry at 8:00 at night, to remove the color from their clothes…

Yesterday morning, I loaded the kids up and went to see my grandparents, to have some family time.  My Nana ended up getting released from the rehab center on Friday, which is awesome.  She is doing so much better, and I'm so thankful and relieved for how well she is doing!  The little girl got adored and the little man had fun being chased by his Uncle!  My Aunts have been taking turns cooking meals for my Nana & Papa, so I thought it would be nice to give them a break, and let me make a dish for my grandparents.  I feel bad that I'm not always there to help out.  My Nana & Papa have always been there for me, and when I can I try to return the favor.  So, I cooked them a nice pasta dish, that everyone enjoyed.  

Photobucket

You see that rocking chair, it is over 50 years old…  I thought that was my rocking chair, but it turns out it was my Aunt’s, from when she was a baby.  My Nana & Aunt, told me that I could  take it home yesterday for the little angel.  I’m so excited to have this rocker, to add to A’s room.  She loved it, but I guess you can already tell that, from the smile on her face!

After we left my grandparents house, we had to go to the store.  I had to get something to fix for dinner.  I was a cooking machine all weekend.  I cooked three meals this weekend, I usually cook once a week!  Go me, go me, I did it, yes I did…  So last night, I wanted something lite, since we had two heavy pasta dishes back to back.  So, here is what I fixed, and it was wonderful…  Sorry, I don’t’ have any photos, just the ingredients…

8-9 Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
¼ cup of olive oil
1 tsp of salt
Pepper
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 tbsp of Italian seasoning
***Stir & pour over the tomatoes…  You will let this cook in the oven, on 375 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.  Don’t burn the garlic.

Then you will heat the noodles of your choice.  I chose Bow Tie pasta noodles.  I also added bacon to this dish this time around.  We don’t usually fry bacon in our house, we cook it in the oven.  I was also careful not to add too much bacon to the dish, I don’t want the bacon to over power the other flavors.  

My husband said the dish was really good, so that made my day.  I also served the meal with garlic bread, Y-U-M-M-Y!

So this was our Sunday, eventful, busy and I was one worn out mama!  But being able to spend the day with family, and watching your kids have a great time, makes it all worth it!


It is Monday, and I’m acting like it is Tuesday… Hi oh, hi oh off to work I went…  Hope you had a fabulous weekend!

Cheers to hopefully a fabulous week!  M gives it two hands up!
xoxo, Shanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please stay around and visit, I love being able to connect with new people! xoxo, Shanna