2.05.2011

Today I'm Thankful for...

Today was day five, of being stuck indoors, but who’s counting…  I am, I’m going crazy!  I would love to say that today was a great day, but it wasn’t.  You can’t fault the kids, they are being kids.  M has all this built up energy, and he's tired of being stuck inside, just as much as I am.  But tonight was one of those nights, that I seriously sat in the middle of my living room floor and cried with both of my kids, because neither of them could be satisfied.  Everytime I tried to put A down for bed, M would come running in the room screaming, and that caused A to start crying and screaming.   I hate evenings like this!  I’m hoping to get out of this house tomorrow, and have some time to myself.  I truly need it, at this point.
Even though, I wouldn’t consider today an award winning day, I am so very thankful for the things I have in my life:
  •   I’m thankful for my two beautiful precious babies!  That I love so very much!
  •  I’m thankful for my husband that I love so very much!  I'm thankful for the patience that he has with me!  
  •  I’m thankful for family, they are always there for us.
  •  I’m thankful for my job, and that my job gave us the past few days off so that we didn’t have to drive on the snow & ice.
  •   I’m thankful that my husband made it to and from work safely each day.
  • I'm thankful for the roof we have over our heads, and the bed we get to sleep in each night!
  •  I’m thankful for the food we are able to put on our table.
  •   I’m thankful for our animals, even though my dogs drive me crazy!
  •   I’m thankful for the quiet time I have right now!
  • I'm thankful for the nap I got today!
  •   I’m thankful for the sun that came out today, to melt the 8” of snow we got yesterday.
  •  And I’m so very thankful, that my Aunt & Uncle are coming over tomorrow, to give me a free moment to myself, to get out of this house!
What are you thankful today?

Mama loves you two so very much!


Hey beautiful, whatcha you doing…?


Watching the snow melt…  Yay, finally!


Hey cutie, is that your chef hat…?


You’re my silly baby boy!  Mama is so sorry for yelling at

you tonight!


I love watching you two play together!


Hoping for a much better day tomorrow!  Hoping mama will be in a much better mood! 

Goodnight sweet angels!

xoxo, Shanna

1 comment:

  1. Your night sounds like how our morning started out! Braden woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning..... Started fussing from the time he woke up! However... He did stay in his bed all night - so that was a bonus!! Sorry you had a rough night... You need to go get a pedi tomorrow... That always makes me feel better! Not to sound repetitious, but I'm thankful for all the same things that you are! I was just thinking about how we used to do family fun night on Tuesday's back when we still lived in las Colinas..... I think I'm going to re-implement it... I was thinking maybe once every 4 to 6 weeks.... I know were all crazy busy (and have a lot more variables now) but I figure I'll throw it out there... And whoever can make it, will make it.... I realize everyone probably won't be able to make it every time.... I just think we all need to see more of each other!! Hope your Sunday is better than today.

    Love ya,
    A. Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please stay around and visit, I love being able to connect with new people! xoxo, Shanna