2.28.2011

Always racing against the clock...

I seriously feel like I’m constantly racing against a clock!  In the morning, I race around the house like a crazy woman, trying to get out of the house, trying my hardest to make it to work on time.  But lately, the lack of sleep is causing me to be late.  I keep hitting the snooze button, thinking that 5 more minutes will do the trick, but I think it just makes it worse.  Then once I’m at the office, I’m racing around, to get 12 hours worth of work done in 8.  After work, I drive like a speed racer, trying to get home so I can enjoy dinner with my family before my husband has to leave for work.  Just when you think you might get to sit down for a minute, it is then time to start the bed routines, and try to get both kiddos bathed, dressed, milk/bottle given before the lights are finally turned out.  Then, and I mean THEN it is finally time to quit the race for the day, and slow down to catch your breath.  Please tell me I’m not alone in this daily race!?!  It is exhausting, and I get tired of constantly having to race against a clock!  I wish I could wakeup in the morning on my own, have breakfast with my kids, and then head to work, but not having to rush.  Then, once I get to work, take my time and not stress over everything that is in my email box.  And after work, it would be nice to come home and eat dinner and not feel like I’m in an eating contest to see who can eat the fastest.  I just want to be able to catch my breath some throughout the day!  But I know that isn’t going to happen, I live in reality, not dreamland…
Photobucket

We ended up taking my little angel to the doctor today.  Hi my name is obsessed much, have we met!?!  I obsess over any & everything.  My little girl got sick last Tuesday, and things just haven’t been the same since then.  She isn’t eating hardly at all, she has been really fussy, and then the fact she isn’t hardly napping or sleeping during the night.  I just wanted to talk to the nurse to see what might be causing this.  Normally the nurse will give me a few things that it could possibly be over the phone, but today she wanted A to come in.  So I was stressing and thinking that I should have called the doctor’s office last week, instead of waiting almost a week.  Long story short, all of this that has been going on is due to teething…  I can’t believe it.  I have said time and time again, my sweet angel is a drama queen.  Which she gets from her daddy, because he had his own diva moment tonight!  I didn’t realize some of the symptoms of teething, is them not eating, throwing up, and then pulling on their ears.  We had none of these problems with M.  So, I guess I better get use to this, my sweet angel only has two teeth, we have a long ways to go, and a lot more sleepless nights!  It is so true what they say, each child is different.
And let me just state for the record, because I haven’t before, the sleepless nights have officially taken their toll on everyone in this house…  Sweet baby girl, you are going to have to let mama & daddy get some rest.
Photobucket

So, cheers to you and a fabulous Monday!  Hope your day hasn’t been as chaotic as mine.  Hope wherever you are, that you are getting sleep.
Goodnight sweet angels!

xoxo, Shanna

1 comment:

  1. Look at how precious the little man is. He was so tired. It looks like the little lady is wearing everyone out. Everyone hang in there, it will get better. Xoxo


    Love,
    Bpat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please stay around and visit, I love being able to connect with new people! xoxo, Shanna