2.14.2011

Just what this girl needed...

After an emotional Friday & Saturday, the husband took me out on an amazing date last night!  It has been almost two years since the husband and I have been out on a date like last night…  The show was AMAZING!  The creativity just blows me away.  If you haven’t ever been to see Cirque du Soleil, you are missing out.  This was our fourth time, going to one of their shows, and there is no way you will be disappointed.  After the show, my husband took me out to dinner, and surprised me with also inviting two of our dear friends.  That was an awesome extra little treat.  I truly enjoyed the night, and the company was great.  Hopefully the husband and I will be able to start having a date night at least once a month!  I will say, even though the evening was just what I needed, I did miss my little angels.  Last night was the first time, I didn’t get to put my baby girl to bed.  And I didn’t get to kiss either of babies before bed!  I was extremely excited to see them this morning.  The husband brought the kiddos to have lunch with me today for Valentine’s Day!  Oh, how going out to eat as a family always seems like a great idea, halfway through the meal between M getting into everything and A have a meltdown, all we want to do is get our check and get out of dodge as soon as possible. So no dessert for us…
Before our date last night, I was able to enjoy some much needed time with the kiddos.  My little angel has been having a rough go at it the past few days.  She was up all night Saturday, and was fussy most of the day yesterday.  But I was able to get a few smiles out of her yesterday.

Hey sweet baby girl…


Hey little man, whatcha got on your head!?!   Why not, pots make a great hat, nice fashion statement with the pj’s…


Sissy, I don’t think you are suppose to be under the kitchen table…  Mama has told you to stay off the tile floor… 


I see you too… 


Are you gonna help mama fold the laundry…? 


No, bubba is going to help mama…
Sad part is that laundry has been in that basket since Friday, and didn’t get folded until today…  I can’t believe I just admitted we let laundry sit in the laundry basket for three days!  And daddy was the one that ended up folding the laundry, sucker...  It was a game, to see how long it would take, before one of us gave in to do the laundry...  Normally it is me that caves first...
 
Peekaboo…


I see you…
The little man was happy to get outside to play.  I was a little sad I wasn’t able to play outside with him as much as I wanted too, due to the little girl, but he had a great time. 

We played with the sidewalk chalk M got for Valentine’s Day, working on our shapes…


Hey cutie, I’m glad the weather was nice so you could get outside to play…  I know you enjoyed being outside with Izzy, and getting to chase her around the backyard.


Look at that sweet smile!
Tomorrow is going to be a big day for our family!  Tomorrow we are going to enroll our little man into a mother’s day out program, where he will be going to school two days a week.  We are very excited about this, but also a little nervous.  This will be the first time that we have really left our little man in the care of someone else besides family.  I know it is time for this, and he needs it, but I’m sure mama will shed a tear or two.
The kiddos are in bed, and that is where I’m getting ready to be.  I haven’t slept well at all the past few nights.  So, I’m definitely ready for a goodnights rest. 
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Goodnight sweet angels!

xoxo, Shanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please stay around and visit, I love being able to connect with new people! xoxo, Shanna