1.28.2011

Glad it's over...

Happy Friday!  What a long week, this week has been…  I’m glad the work week is over.  I just couldn’t catch a break all week.  I couldn’t seem to stay caught up this week at work.  And that drives me crazy, when I can't seem to get a handle on things.  I'm a control freak, I need to have things done a certain way, and when things don't go as planned, I get stressed and extremely frustrated.  But it is now time for me to relax, and not worry about it.  I will start fresh on Monday, we all know how I love Mondays!  So maybe we will start fresh on Tuesday...   

But I will say, that today started off pretty nice.  My lovely husband told me I looked very pretty this morning.  Which that always makes my day, and makes me feel good, when the husband says I look pretty or that I’m beautiful.  What girl doesn’t like that!  And then, I have lost another 2.6lbs, which is awesome.  Last week when I weighed in, I had lost the same amount.  So maybe the last few pounds of baby weight are finally starting to come off.  I sure hope so.  I didn't have this much trouble losing the weight after I had M, so I don't understand why I'm having such a hard time this time around. 

This cute little precious man of my, picked his nose this morning, and ate the booger he picked out of his nose.  Baby boy, that is just gross!  And you thought it was so funny!  I know, mama probably gave you the reaction you were looking for, but seriously that was gross.  Please don't do it again, EVER!

The kiddos have had a pretty nice day.  Everything went really well this morning with the speech therapist.  Which that always makes me feel better.  I truly stress over this, and I wish I didn't.  My little man is doing great, and he enjoys getting to play and interact with his teacher.  Which I think is great.  This afternoon the husband took M & A to the park, and I was able to meet up with them after work, which I enjoyed.  The kids had a great time.  The little girl loves to swing, so daddy pushed her on the swing, while I ran around after M.  I can't believe how beautiful the weather has been the past few days!  I'm happy the kiddos have been able to get out of the house everyday this week, and enjoy the sunshine.  After we left the park, we went out for dinner.  I would rather dirty someone else's kitchen vs mine anyday.   


I finally have the peace and quiet I have longed for all day.  My precious babies are in bed, and I guess that is where I’m getting ready to be.  Tomorrow morning will be here before I know it.  But we do have company coming over, and I welcome the help.
Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Goodnight sweet angels!

xoxo, Shanna

 

4 comments:

  1. Aren't Friday's wonderful? It is like it puts a close to everything bad the week brings! I too have struggled much harder to lose my baby weight with my second. Of course, I'm 19 years older! Congrats on your weight loss this week! Losing weight is hard & every pound is such an accomplishment. You look great & your hubby is right, you do look very pretty in that pic. I love your outfit. Hope you enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Fridays are wonderful! I know I shouldn't rush my life away, because it is already going by too fast, but on Mondays all I want is Friday to hurry up and get here... Sad I know, because great things do happen between that time. This baby weight is driving me crazy. I never in my wildest dreams thought it would be this hard. And thank you! And I hope you too, have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some thoughts. 
    Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive.
    When you walk through life as a mother, such as you, you have already experienced life with such_fulfillment that nobody else can. Except a mother. The joy of your children  that fills you will never ever equal any disappointment. It is you that stands tall and takes no prisoners. For that I thank you. 
    Your husband, which is their father also experiences this but you went through the pain of birth. At least that is what I have been told about the birth.  But Mike, your half side, experiences the father side of raising children. He too experiences joy & happiness every single day.  When I come to your home with Auntie Pat for a day and experience the joy. I leave so very tired and happy. Remember this:
    Knowledge is the only instrument of production That is not subject to the law of diminishing returns. 
    It is because of this Knowledge That you constantly strive for that will make you the mother of all mothers. Congratulations. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jar! We love you! Thank you for taking the little man to the park yesterday! He had a great time. You wore him out, and I thank you for that! Hope BPat is feeling better, and I know the kiddos will be excited to see you guys this Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please stay around and visit, I love being able to connect with new people! xoxo, Shanna