1.14.2011

Family day...

Today has truly been a family day… Around 1:00 this morning, M woke up crying.  So my husband went and got him out of bed.  We don’t know what was wrong, but M wouldn’t let me anywhere near him.   All he wanted was his daddy.  Since M will not sleep in our bed, that means daddy & M, would be sleeping on the couch.  And just when I thought I was going to get under my covers, and get toasty warm and visit dreamland for a few hours, my little precious angel decided she was going to wake up, and start crying.  So that left me, to be up with her.  Luckily I got her to go back to bed, in her own bed. 
Our day started very early, since M got up at 7:00 this morning, and naturally my husband comes and wakes me up.  I so would have loved to have been able to sleep till 8:00.  I get up every day at 6:00 or 6:30.  I just want ONE day, where I can sleep in.  Not going to happen in this house.   I dragged myself out of bed, we had a lot to do before the speech therapist got here.  The house needed to be picked up, I needed a shower and the kids needed to get ready.  This is a lot of activity for this early in the morning, especially on a day off.  On my days off, I want to stay in my jammies and be lazy. 
Things went really well today with M and the speech therapist.  We do have a lot of work, but most of it is going to be for the husband & me.  But M did great, in my book he gets an A+.  We have our homework assignment, so hopefully next week when she returns, she will see some improvements. 

You are so busted… 

Whatcha doing M!?!

Oh, just hanging out… 

After the speech therapist left, we decided to have an early lunch, and I say early, it was 10:30 and we were eating Nachos.  I wanted to have M down by noon, so he could get a good nap in before we left for the doctor's office.

While my husband & M took a nice nap, I played around with A.  Here are few pictures of the little angel.


Hey cutie…


This little cutie is always on the move... 

And she loved the ribbon on this dress…


My beautiful little 6 month old… 
This little angel got four shots today...  She handled it better than I thought she would.  She currently weights 16.2lbs and is 25.5" long.  When M was 6 months old, he weighed 20.5lbs and was 27" long.  M was a big boy.  A is right on target.  The doctor did tell us that over the next month or so, we would notice A waking up more at night, due to their sleep cycle changing.  Great, just what I wanted to hear! 
We did ask the doctor about M's face.  The doctor said the cold weather and M licking his lips, was causing the area around his mouth to be so red.  And not much you can do about it, but keep a lot of lotion on his face.  But hopefully when it starts to warm up in a month or so, his little face will get better.

Hey beautiful, you have no idea what’s getting ready to happen…


Just know, it will be harder on mama, than it will be on you probably. 


What a sweet smile… 
After the doctor appointment, we were all hungry, since we ate lunch at 10:30, and it was now after 3:00.  So, we decided to take the kids to McDonalds, and let M have some playtime.  It was a nice treat, we got to enjoy some ice cream after we had our meal, so that made me happy. 
A & I stayed in the car while daddy & M went into the grocery store, since A was sleeping.  I hate grocery shopping, so I was totally fine with staying in the car, and people watching.  One of my favorite things to do.  And lately, I have been dressing like some of the people, that I shake my head at, and I ask why!  Why would you walk out of your house dressed like that...  And the other day, I caught myself dressed in the worse outfit ever...  Picture it, Uggs with black cargo sweats, a green hoodie with a white & tan colored sweater cardigan.  None of it matched.  But I didn't care.  So I was the person that everyone at the mall was looking at, and shaking their heads, asking why!  But, I didn't care.  I was comfortable, warm and very tired.
All in all, today has been a great day.  I truly do love days like today.  We don't get family days like this often, since my husband and me have different schedules. 
I ended the evening actually getting to cuddle with my little man for about an hour.  That hardly ever happens anymore, and I so miss it. 

I love you two so much!  Thank you for a wonderful day!

Goodnight sweet angels!

xoxo, Shanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please stay around and visit, I love being able to connect with new people! xoxo, Shanna