6.08.2011

Pity party for one...

Can I have a ticket to a pity party for one please!  Oh yes, this post is going to be about ME!  And it may or may not have a little drama…

I’m a little grumpy, mad, upset, irritable, scared, emotional, and very overwhelmed!  I’m going to be having SURGERY, Friday morning!  Back in September of 2010, I had jammed my right great toe really bad, it resulted in me having to see a podiatrist, and due to the damage that had been done to my toe, the toenail had to be pulled (yes it hurt), or so the doctor said.  Over the course of the past few months the pain in that toe has continued to get worse, meaning the pulling of my toenail didn’t fix anything.  A month ago I finally couldn’t take the pain anymore, nor could my blood pressure (holding around 150/100), and went to a different doctor, since the first one didn’t want to listen to what I was saying.  After going over my story and history, they said that I did might have RSD…  Me not knowing at all what that was, she pulled up some info on her computer, and after reading what it had to say, I started to cry and freak out, just a little A LOT!  I was upset, I’m only 31 and to think that I’m now going to have this pain for the rest of my life scared me.  So, she sent me to another doctor that did a series of test.  After reviewing the 100 test I had done over the course of three weeks, they have found several things that worried them, that need to be taken care of as soon as possible.  So that is where the surgery comes into play.

But even with me having surgery, it isn’t going to take care of the RSD… And I don’t do well at all with pain.  And the thought of surgery STRESSES me out!  The one and only time I have ever had surgery, I ended up getting a staph infection, and then after I had my son I got a staph infection in both of my breast when I was breastfeeding.  SOOOO, I’m a little worried about getting another staph infection.  Anyone that has ever had a staph infection knows how painful they are, and how dangerous they can be.  The doctor had pity on me today, and went ahead and started me on meds to help prevent an infection, and she will give me another around of meds during the surgery.  So hopefully no staph this time around.
 
I should only be down and out for a few days.  But, I will have to take it easy for SIX weeks, meaning it will be six weeks before I will be able to put full weight on that foot again.  And I have to wear the ugliest black shoe, EVER!  Hopefully I can toss the black shoe after a week or two, and just wear flip flops or something.  Just how I wanted to spend my summer!

  I am thankful that my Aunt and Uncle are coming over to stay for a few days to help take care of the kiddos so I don’t have to stress about that.  It does take a load off knowing my babies will be in good hands, and that the hubby doesn’t have to alter his work schedule.

My brain needs a break from everything that has happened today.  The little man and I are getting ready to go curl up in bed, and watch some Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  Cheers to a fabulous day!

Photobucket


Goodnight sweet angels!

Vote For Use @ Top Mommy Blogs

xoxo, Shanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please stay around and visit, I love being able to connect with new people! xoxo, Shanna