11.25.2011

One tired turkey...

I made it through Thanksgiving, barely, but I made it!  My family wasn’t even out of the house good, before I was climbing in my bed.  All I could think was, I had a small window to take a nap, before my little diva woke from her's.  Pretty sad, I know…  But I was up with two sick kiddos throwing up the night before, and it was after 1:00 in the morning before I got settled on the couch (after washing two different loads and having to handwash two blankies), to be woke up by the husband wanting to know why we were sleeping the couch…  Really, can we talk about it later!
Photobucket
***Waiting on family to arrive***

Our Thanksgiving was very nice!  My husband out did himself getting all the side dishes together.  I know he was beyond tired himself since he worked the night before and didn’t get home until 5:00 in the morning.  But he we pulled it off.  It might not have been with the same class of my Nana’s, but we were all together, and everyone left with full bellies .
Photobucket

Photobucket
***Sissy getting to sit at the kiddie table for the 1st time***

I truly have so much to be thankful for, and sometimes I (like most people) lose sight of what is important at times.  It’s easy to do when you're feeling sorry for yourself.  But at the end of the day, I’m always reminded, by two sweet babies, what is important.  I try not to take my blessings for granted, as I’m so thankful for them all.

Photobucket

Yesterday morning as I was getting the kiddos ready (half asleep), I was talking to them about all the things that we are thankful for.  I’m pretty I was talking to myself, and that they didn't understand one word I was saying, but hopefully one day they will.

Family traditions are very important to me, and always have been.  I’m trying my best to following the traditions that my Papa & Nana put in place, as family get togethers are now being held at our house.  As the food and company are the same, it is so different not have the holiday dinners at my Papa & Nana’s house.  But, I’m so very thankful that my Nana was able to be with us yesterday.
Photobucket

Hope everyone had a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving yesterday!  No Black Friday shopping for us…  I have a wedding I have to start getting ready for.  I just hope I can fit into the dress still, after all the food I have consumed.

Cheers to it being Friday!
xoxo, Shanna

1 comment:

  1. Our traditions changed this year & it was much tougher than I thought. Not physically but emotionally. I didn't realize how much I LOVED our traditions until this year.
    Glad you made it through Thanksgiving. Hope everyone is feeling better very soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please stay around and visit, I love being able to connect with new people! xoxo, Shanna