12.18.2011

Sometimes it just is...

Sometimes it just is, if you know what I mean…  I have found the hardest part of parenting for me, is when both kids are sick, and so is mama….  Or they are full of energy and mama is sick…
Right now as usual, it seems to be common theme in our parts, both kids are sick and so was mama the night before.  Come yesterday morning, I could barely lift my head. And even though the kids are sick, it is different than when the adults are sick.  The needy part isn’t different I guess, but I give my kids medicine, and it’s as if they just ate a bowl of sugar.  Of course I’m not going to let them suffer, and run a fever…  But why on earth does the medicine give them the energy of 20 kids!?!
This is what I was thinking yesterday, as I could barely lift my head from the couch, and I had two little ones full of energy.  All I wanted was their energy, and to feel better after being up (yet another) night!
Thankful me for (but not soon enough), the Aunt and Uncle (as always) came to my rescue, and took care of the kids while I got to just close my eyes for about an hour.  On a good night I get maybe 3-4 hours of sleep, but lately, I haven’t even been getting that!
Photobucket

Yesterday was a big day; it was my Nana’s first Christmas party at the nursing home.  So, no matter how bad I felt, I knew it was extremely important for her and our family for me to find at least a little energy to get me through it.  So I did, we went, and the kids got to see Nana AND Santa Claus!  Can’t say it was a joyous afternoon with Santa, but at least they did get to see him, and actual got to spend time with him, without being just a number at the mall, if you know what I mean.  I think we ended up with about half of his bag of candy canes...
Photobucket
Someone was more interested in the iPhone, than Santa...
Photobucket
Who is the crazy person touching me, Dar!?!  I will not let go of you, make him stop, pretty please...
Photobucket
But leave it to the great grandparents, to get her to take a picture with Santa...

It was really a nice afternoon, I’m glad I didn’t end up staying home (as that was my first thought).  I would have regretted not being there for my Nana and family.  This has been a big and emotional year for our family, with us putting her in the nursing home, and I have tried hard to make sure at least once week I either go see her, or invite my grandparents to our house to visit.  So no matter how bad I felt, I put it aside (like always), to do the right thing and not miss a special day.  My Nana (and I'm sure my Papa too), were very happy to have the entire family together for a few hours.
The sad part for me yesterday, was learning how many people don’t come and see their parents or grandparents in the nursing home, especially at this time of year.  That is just unreal to me.  As our family has always been close, and see’s each other all the time.  I talk to my Aunt sometimes 4-5 times a day on the phone, and before all this started happening with my Nana, I would talk to her at least twice a day.   When Sue told me this yesterday, it just broke my heart, to know that some of these ladies are all by themselves!  Their family should really be ashamed of themselves.  One son came all the way in for the weekend from LA, I would say if he could make it, the rest of them should have been able too.  Yes, I’m bitter about this.  It’s the holidays; it’s the time for family to be together.   I know it is hard seeing the person you love inside the home, I do it pretty much each week, but at least we are still able to be together.  And at the end, that is what is important!
Photobucket

I do have a lot to do today, we need to get our shop on, and get Christmas shopping done!  I have treatment tomorrow (thank you lord), and I will be down and out for a few days...  This is kinda the last day for me to really try to get most of it done.  Wish me luck!

Hope you and your familys have had a nice weekend.  The sun finally has been out for a few days, and I needed the sun in my life.  When it rains for too many days in a row, I start to get really blue.  So happiness is here today, hopefully.
xoxo, Shanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please stay around and visit, I love being able to connect with new people! xoxo, Shanna