5.02.2013

Why hello there...



I can’t believe it has almost been a year since I have posted a blog.  Things got kinda hectic last year around this time, physically and emotionally.  I’m in such a better place, than I was a year ago.  I went through with the surgery last summer, to help with my RSD, for those of you that followed my blog.  I don’t know why I didn’t do it sooner to be honest.  The recovery period was hard, but things are getting better every day.

 photo e0b9c678-49ea-4ebf-a100-f3ab43d1ea62.jpg

 photo 08351421-1c48-406c-9356-07cd894cf3f0.jpgMy kiddos are growing like crazy; my daughter is going to be THREE in July.
 I just made the reservation this evening for her swim party, princess theme of course.  The boys are going to love that, as we have more boys invited to the party than girls!  She is excited, and so am I.  But I have to say, the birthdays are going to be hard this year.  My baby boy is going to be FIVE in November. photo c4054397-d6d6-4560-8e0b-76969356c4f7.jpg  Not ready to have a FIVE year old!  How is it possible to have an almost three year old and five year old!?!  I want to stop the clock and rewind it by two years.  My little man weights so much know, I seriously am waiting for my back to go out, each time I have to pick him up, I sound like I am going into labor each time.  He is solid, my little line backer!

 photo 17cb828c-f2a8-4a51-ae39-0806733a619d.jpgA lot has happened over the past year, as I mentioned I had surgery (2 as a matter of fact, along with a trial surgery), got laid off from the company I had been with since I was 21, found a new job that I quit back in April, and now I am enjoying being home with the kiddos every day.  This is where I am suppose to be, I know it has been stressful on my husband, as he is carrying the full load of supporting our household, and for that I am so thankful.  This is truly the happiest I have been in a long time!  As I am learning that being a stay at home mom isn’t easy, and does have its moments, it is the most important and rewarding job I have ever had!

As we all know, life goes by way too fast, and we aren’t promised tomorrow, so I want to make sure that I’m with my babies every day, and they understand that each day is a gift that should be treasured.  As I’m sitting here, I am listening to both of my kids fight over who is going to pickup what, and arguing over what box the trains go into, along with M just hit me, no A hit me....  They argue over the color of the sky, one says it is blue while the other says it’s purple.  But even in these moments, I take a deep breath count to ten, and count the many blessings I have in my life! 

 photo 3b8140f8-a220-4e1d-8ec2-6e4fe1e87594.jpg

Hopefully I will be able to get back into blogging; I need a place to capture how fast these two little ones are growing!  Hard to believe how much they have changed!
 
xoxo, Shanna

1 comment:

  1. You look beautiful and happy! I am glad some good things have happened in this past year for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please stay around and visit, I love being able to connect with new people! xoxo, Shanna