5.05.2013

A little paint never hurt anyone...



As of this morning, I had gotten (if lucky) two hours of sleep in the last 36 hours… 
 photo 50805a19-de00-446c-9c87-de714fd84ca3.jpg
Today I have walked around like a zombie, afraid to look outside.  It has been a hang around the house kinda day.  My sweet angel has been up the past two nights.  I should have known the first night that she was up, that she was getting sick.  She started running a fever late yesterday, and last night she spent most of the night crying and not being able to get comfortable.  My husband did let me take a two hour nap today; to rest up for what I predict will be another long night.  With the way she has been acting this afternoon, you can't even look at her, without her screaming and crying.  I sure hope I'm wrong, and my baby girl gets a good night's rest...
  So, what do you do when your brain doesn’t work…  You forget that you have an A-Type personality, and let the kids make a mess. photo cc612b97-cdd8-41f0-8057-f01ccd846c1f.jpg

 photo c9351061-5815-4d58-b2d9-a6fd55890082.jpg photo 56eb4e6b-cb1c-4123-b862-fdade16fbebe.jpgYeah, I normally run from anything that I know is going to make a mess, besides my two kiddos.  My son has been asking for the past few days to paint, and for whatever reason this morning I decided to give in. 
 photo 430c0740-aa54-4330-a96d-cb6254f8cf90.jpg
I have to say, this was the first time all weekend that these two actually got along and played nice.  For a moment I thought we should do this every day, if it will give me 30-45 minutes of peace and quiet, and then the paint hit the floor, and I freaked.
 photo 3acb6f49-f4bf-40b7-8ee7-ed1106f2fd5d.jpg
 Thank you little ones, for letting me join you in the hand painting today!
 photo 5a6a8a8b-cdda-4bb7-9806-ab2cdaf586d8.jpg
 Happy Sunday Funday, it is a gorgeous day out!  Hopefully tomorrow my little girl will feel better so we can enjoy the sun! 

xoxo, Shanna 

2 comments:

  1. i'm sorry your girl is sick.
    i'm sory you're missing zzz's. i know how critical they can be for a mama.
    i'm glad your exhaustion caused you to let some of your type a things go... i can only say this because i have found myself in the same exact boat MANY TIMES, and in hind sight i see that it is SO good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the paints! Hope you are going to keep your handprint masterpiece!! And I do hope you are all feeling better and well-rested soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please stay around and visit, I love being able to connect with new people! xoxo, Shanna